If your Outright Each Way bet has been paid out for less than you expected, it is most likely due to dead heat ties in the final leaderboard. A dead heat occurs when two or more participants tie for a position. This will only affect bets placed on golfers who ‘place’, as the winner will be decided by a playoff if necessary.
Your payout with dead heat applied will depend on:
- The player you backed
- The odds you took when you placed the bet
- The Each Way places offered when you placed the bet.
- The Each Way place terms (1/5 of the odds you took when you placed the bet)
Your stake will be affected as follows:
- Win part of the stake is settled as a loser.
- Each way part of the bet will be settled as a place, with the stake divided by the number of players tied for the place, multiplied by the number of places available.
EG: You had €/£5 each-way on M Wolff (40/1 pre-tournament). EW terms were 1/5, for 5 places. Your bet would be settled as:
- €/£10 stake = €/£5 win stake + €/£5 EW stake
- Win stake = loser
- €/£5 EW stake divided by 5 (number of DH competitors) = €/£1
- €/£1 multiplied by 2 (number of places available) = €/£2 DH stake
- Odds of 40/1 at 1/5 EW terms terms = 8/1
- Total Winnings: €/£2 x 8/1 = €/£16
- Total Returns: €/£16 winnings + €/£2 DH stake = €/£18
The 2021 USPGA Leaderboard was as follows:
1 Phil Mickelson
T2 Brooks Koepka
T2 Louis Oosthuizen
T4 Shane Lowry
T4 Padraig Harrington
T4 Harry Higgs
T4 Paul Casey
T8 Abraham Ancer
T8 Justin Rose
T8 Colin Morikawa
T8 Jon Rahm
T8 Will Zalatoris
T8 Scottie Scheffler
T8 Tony Finau
T8 Rickie Fowler
T8 Kevin Streelman
If you bet on Phil Mickelson it will be settled as the outright winner.
If you bet with 4 each way places on Shane Lowry, Padraig Harrington, Harry Higgs or Paul Casey, your bet will be paid based on 1/4 of your each way stake, as there were 4 selections tied for 1 place.
If you bet with 5 each way places on Shane Lowry, Padraig Harrington, Harry Higgs or Paul Casey, your bet will be paid based on 1/2 of your each way stake, as there were 4 selections tied for 2 places.
If you bet with 8 each way places on any of the players tied for 8th, your bet will be paid based on 1/9 of your each way stake as there were 9 selections tied for 1 place.
If you bet with 10 each way places on any of the players tied for 8th your bet will be paid based on 1/3 of your each way stake as there were 9 selections tied for 3 places.