- A Single is a bet on one selection in one event. If your selection wins, so do you.
- A Double is one bet made up of two selections in different events. Both selections must be successful for your bet to win.
- A Treble is one bet involving three selections in different events. All three selections have to win for your bet to win.
- A Four-Fold Accumulator is one bet made up of four selections in different events. If they all win, so do you. But if any of the selections lose, your bet does too
In addition to you can also place the following full-cover multiples:
- A Trixie is a full-cover multiple bet on three selections.
It is made up of 4 bets - 3 Doubles and 1 Treble.
- A Patent is a full-cover multiple bet with singles on three selections.
It is made up of 7 bets - 3 Singles, 3 Doubles and 1 Treble.
- A Yankee is a full-cover multiple bet on four selections.
It is made up of 11 bets - 6 Doubles, 4 Trebles and 1 Fourfold.
- A Canadian is a full-cover multiple bet on five selections.
It is made up of 26 bets - 10 Doubles, 10 Trebles, 5 Fourfolds and 1 Fivefold.
- A Heinz is a full-cover multiple bet on six selections.
It is made up of 57 bets - 15 Doubles, 20 Trebles, 15 Fourfolds, 6 Fivefolds and 1 Sixfold.
- A Super Heinz is a full-cover multiple bet on seven selections.
It is made up of 120 bets - 21 Doubles, 35 Trebles, 35 Fourfolds, 21 Fivefolds, 7 Sixfolds and 1 Sevenfold.
- A Goliath is a full-cover multiple bet on eight selections.
It is made up of 247 bets - 28 Doubles, 56 Trebles, 70 Fourfolds, 56 Fivefolds, 28 Sixfolds, 8 Sevenfolds and one Eightfold.
- and other full-cover betting combinations.
Perm (or Permutation) Betting
- If you've made more than two selections, it's possible to 'perm' them in a bet. This allows you to bet on all the doubles in three selections, all the trebles in four selections or all the 4-folds in five selections etc.
- This is a convenient way to place a lot of multiple bets and can produce great winnings. For instance, if you place a perm bet of doubles from four selections you will receive some winnings if only two of your selections win.
- To get the maximum winnings from this type of bet, all your selections have to win. When you place your bet, you'll be shown a box which calculates your possible winnings* - please be aware that these are your maximum winnings and will only be achieved if all your selections win.
* Please note that multiple returns shown on the bet slip are maximum potential returns, i.e. the most you can win. When a single dividend is part of the multiple, potential returns cannot be calculated and “n/a” is displayed in it's place.