What is Cash Out?
Cash Out allows you to lock in a profit or loss before waiting for the event to finish. Paddy Power does the maths to offer you a value in real time of your current bets based on the live market prices.
How do I know if I am placing a bet on a market that is eligible for Cash Out?
When placing your bet, you are looking for the ‘Cash Out’ marker to the right of the market/selection (see screenshot below)
How do I know I have successfully placed a bet that is eligible for Cash Out?
As with any bet, you can check this in the ‘My Bets’ section of your account. On browser, My Bets should be available in the top right of the screen, and on the App, it will be available in the bottom menu. Once clicked, the bet should appear in your ‘Open’ bets and there should be a green ‘Cash Out’ button with the amount you can cash out for next to it. If it doesn’t appear here, the bet hasn’t been placed successfully.
How do I cash out?
- In the My Bets section, bets which are eligible for cash out will have a Cash Out bar on them.
- If you choose to lock in the value offered, click the 'Cash Out' button to cash out your bet.
- Alternatively, you can avail of a partial cash out, clicking the green 'slider' button next to the 'Cash Out' button presents a slider for you to scale your partial cash out.
- Once you have chosen your desired cash out value, click the 'Cash Out' button to cash out your bet.
Confirm Before Cash Out
If you press cash out accidentally, your bet cannot be reinstated. You can toggle on the Confirm Before Cash Out at the top of your My Bets section, to avoid the risk of cashing out accidentally.
How does cash out work for stakes made up of Free Bets?
When an online free bet has been used, cash out will be unavailable until the value of your cash out is higher than the value of your free bet. This is because your free bet stake amount is not part of any returns.
Free Bets placed on Self-Service Betting Terminals (SSBTs) in Shop are not eligible for cash out.
Why Might your Cash Out not be Working or Available?
Cash Out isn't available for all markets on our Sportsbook. But, it's available for a lot!
If cash out becomes unavailable to you, it is most likely for one of the following reasons:
- Your cash out value is less than the Free Bet stake you’ve used, cash out will be available again if the value increases.
- The market you’ve bet on does not have cash out available (eg. some Power Prices, football handicap markets)
- The market does not go in-play (eg. #WhatOddsPaddy)
- The market is suspended temporarily due to match incidents and market suspension. eg: when prices are changing after a goal, VAR, break point, try etc.
If the bet features multiple in-play games, the risk of suspension increases and more patience may be required.
- The third-party provider who covers the sporting event has unfortunately not been able to continue coverage, as originally agreed. Pricing and cash out have been lost as a result.
- Technical issue with your cookies. Please delete your cookies and try again.
Will my cash out bet be re-settled?
Paddy Power reserves the right to reverse the settlement of a Cash-Out if the bet or a market is settled in error (for example, a human or technical error). If Paddy Power resettles a bet, this may lead to amendments being made to a customer’s balance to reflect changes in bet settlement.
What are Paddy Powers cash out rules?
For Cash Out Rules, click here.